Monday, September 19, 2011

Back To School = No More Time!

Prayer of the Day: 
" Bless this kitchen, Lord, and those who gather here each day.
Let it be a place where we can meet to love and laugh and pray.
Amen." - http://www.catholic.org/clife/prayers/prayer.php?p=1435

Hello Eaters,
(I feel funny always writing specifically to people (Eaters) and then realize I haven't told anyone about this blog yet - guess I still feel the need to practice and sharpen my writing knife)

A new addition - I will be adding a prayer to each blog.  I mean it is called "Holy" Cannoli, so there's got to be some sort of religious undertone in this blog...one way to work myself out of Purgatory faster... 

Well, I am back at my school, working full time (and then some) and this means...

1)  My home looks like it has been hit by an F5 tornado
2)  My husband and I are sporting two pairs of dark droopy bags under our eyes
3)  I come home and immediately reach for something that has been fermented
4) With Back To School nights, news schools, staff meetings, field trip prep, taking my Grandpa places, and going out of town, we have been eating out at least 3-4 times per week...yeccchh!!

So then a break comes along - thank you Pink Eye for infecting my daughter, Lucy! - and I find myself having a moment to myself - thank you again above acknowledged conjunctivitis menace and Wow, Wow, Wubbzy for entertaining conjunctivitis girl -to revisit my dirty little foodie blog secret.

Yesterday I was able to marinate in my kitchen long enough to bake and chef something up!  It felt amazing to create again.  My Mother-In-Law, Mary (from now on I will refer to her as the "Saint of All Saints") gave me this amazing Chocolate Chip cookie recipe that I will share here later today after I take some pics and find a way to bath the recipe in gold.  These cookies are to die for - a little high maintenance - but to die for.

Then, for dinner, I wanted something fast and easy so I made my own pizza dough (in the breamaker - it is fresh, fast, and easy) and then took some fresh garden tomatoes that my neighbors next door gifted to me and made my own pizza sauce, incredibly easy!

8-10 fresh garden tomatoes; 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil; 3 cloves garlic, minced; salt and pepper to taste
I found my dough recipe on the Cook's Illustrated website - they are amazing!
                                       
So, there you have it.  I will be back to add the cookie recipe and pics from the Saint of All Saints. 

Ciao for now...
Mangia!

Mel from conjunctivitis Purgatory

No comments:

Post a Comment