Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Leftovers...the last stand...

Hello Eaters,

This afternoon is a cold and dreary one here in Chico, California.  We took down all of our Christmas decorations today (I know, I know, it isn't even the Epiphany, but I was so tired).  So I started thinking about making some comfort food.  I asked my husband if he thought it was a waste to use leftover Prime Rob beef for a stew.  He said yes, but no, since we were going to be using it.  So that sold it for me.  Beef stew with crusty sourdough bread slathered in butter.  Sounded good to my tired little mind.

I immediately went to my most favorite comfort food lady - The Pioneer Woman.  Treasure of all treasures, I found a simple, awesome looking recipe that will comfort me AND dazzle my taste buds at the same time.  This stew was taste tested and approved by her husband (The Marlboro Man) and has beef and beer in it.  How could it be bad?  The best part was that I knew I was going to christen my brand new cast iron dutch oven that my mom and dad gave me for Christmas. 

Here is the link to The Pioneer Woman's website and the fabulous recipe:  The Pioneer Woman - Beef Stew with Beer & Paprika

Here is what my simmering stew looks like in the middle of the cooking process - notice the shiny new dutch oven and my old standby wooden spoon...this time it told me to add extra beer and more garlic...who was I not to oblige?


I will post the end result after green beans, (adding those in they are not in the recipe), potatoes, and carrots are in.  I have to wait for the Great White Hunter to come home from Quail hunting at Black Butte today so I can go get the carrots.  It is our dog Belle's 11th birthday today and her treat was to scare quails into an early grave.  Nice.

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment